Saturday, October 21, 2017

Carlton Lawson


Today October 21, 2017 will be the funeral for my mother’s cousin Carlton Lawson at Faith Temple in Montego Bay. He grew up in St Elizabeth and lived in Montego Bay for many years. He was the Vice Principal of St James High (formerly known as Montego Bay Senior School) before he retired. Carlton is the true example of a hardworking man.He and his wife Naina were firm believers in education and she is one person who had unwavering belief and faith in my academic abilities, even more than I had in myself. Her constant encouragement kept me going at times when I felt like I couldn’t go on. Carlton chose this strong woman to be his lifetime partner and they are well respected in their community for their many years of service to Montego Bay’s young people. This man never knew what it meant to sit down and take a rest. He was always working whenever I went to visit him. Always working to make sure his family was well taken care of, had food on their table and shelter over their heads. If you want to imagine what my mom looked like, imagine a woman with Carlton Lawson’s face. They were first cousins and they grew up in St Elizabeth with a host of other cousins. My mother was very close to all of her cousins and in her love for spending time with family, she took me to visit Carlton and his family as often as she could. I thank God for the life of my cousin. He has touched the lives of many people in Montego Bay, at church, at St James High where he worked for many years as a teacher before being appointed as Vice Principal, in his community. Thank you for all you taught me through example and may you rest in God’s arms and may your wife and sons be comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment